Friday, January 29, 2016
Thursday, January 28, 2016
* This week has been crazy/busy & really kind of weird. Tara had strep throat & fell off of our bed last night. I took her to the doc this morning & she said that she might have a slight concussion & a slight sprained neck. Geez, Poor kid, she's had a rough week.
* I've been missing my cat JoJo that passed away in September. It's been 4 months & this week I've just been crying a lot thinking of her.
* I finally got some Happy Mail today. Mail has been so slow lately. I'm pretty caught up in mail too.
* I'm sick of doctor appointments. I spent $125 for co-pays this week & special eye drops included. I really want to take next week off from appointments & I'm hoping to not schedule any appointments for March.
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Saturday, January 23, 2016
2. Newly dyed hair
3. Happy Mail
4. My Cat
5. Warm Sunny Days
6. Starbucks green tea latte
7. My Family
8. Nail polish
11. Getting things organized
13. The Beach
15. My daughter's laugh
16. Sleeping late
17. Happy Dreams
19. Reading a book that I enjoy
21. Make up
23. White lights
26. Crossing Things off of my To-do list
28. Listening to my fave songs
29. Target dollar spot
30. Crafting & being Creative
32. Palm trees
39. Watching You tube beauty girls
40. Birthday cake
50. Eating Outside on a patio
Friday, January 22, 2016
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Chicken Mozzarella pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, or use 3-4 oz fat-free sun dried tomatoes
1 lb chicken breast tenders salt paprika (just a little bit)
1 cup half and half
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
8 oz penne pasta (for gluten free, use Tinkyada gluten free brown rice pasta)
1 tablespoon basil (if using dry basil), if using fresh basil you can add more
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (at least, add more to taste)
1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water (or more)
salt, to taste
1. Note: if using sun-dried tomatoes in oil (in a jar), make sure to drain sun-dried tomatoes from oil, before using them. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this drained oil for sauteing as described below:
2. In a large pan, on high heat, sautee garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) in
2 tablespoons of oil (reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar - see note above) for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Remove sun-dried tomatoes from the pan, leaving the oil, and add chicken tenders, salted and lightly covered in paprika (for color) and cook on high heat for 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve some cooked pasta water. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water (to stop cooking).
4. Slice sun-dried tomatoes into smaller bits and add them back to the skillet with chicken. Add half and half and cheese to the skillet, too, and bring to a gentle boil. Immediately reduce to simmer and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts and creamy sauce forms. If the sauce is too thick - don't worry - you'll be adding some cooked pasta water soon. Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of basil, and at least 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
5. Add about 1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water because the creamy sauce will be too thick (do not add all water at once - you might need less or more of it). This will water down the thickness of the cheese sauce and make it creamier. Immediately, season the pasta with salt and more red pepper flakes, to taste, if needed. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes for flavors to combine.
6.Note: Make sure to salt the dish just enough to bring out of the flavors of basil and sun-dried tomatoes.
From Julia's album.com. Found on Pinterest.
Monday, January 18, 2016
Sunday, January 17, 2016
Weather: Cold, dark & snowy.
Wearing: Pajamas & a bathrobe.
Watching: The Bachelor.
Reading: Gilt Trip by Laura Childs. I love her books. They are all similiar, but she is my fave author.
Listening: To my hubby & daughter doing their night time chat.
Making: A food list. Not sure what to make for dinner this week. Trying to figure it out.
Feeling: Tired & bloated.
Planning: My friend's visit from Michigan in August, maybe.
Loving: That I haven't been shopping much & have been saving money.
Friday, January 15, 2016
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Monday, January 11, 2016
I just found this photo on my computer. It's from August of 2012. I think it might be a lost picture. I don't remember it, but I think it might have been taken in Virginia or on the way there.
Linking up with Krystyn from "Really Are You Serious"?
Friday, January 8, 2016
Thursday, January 7, 2016
*Over the Holidays we went to Target & I found some Maybelline Baby Lips that were Holiday limited edition. I got a 2 pack of Cocoa Crush & Quenched. I didn't realize at the time that they were limited edition. They were on clearance & they had like 3 packs of them. I wish I knew & got them all. I really like Cocoa Crush. There was another 1 in the collection that I saw online that looked good. I love Baby Lips because of how they feel on your lips, but don't really love the bright colors.
*We are going out to eat on Friday night & Saturday night. Wow, such party animals. We got some gift cards, so we decided to use them. Tara is doing a sleep over tomorrow night, so we figured we can use the 1 for $30 with just the 2 of us. We'll be watching "the Bachelor" & having some Sangria too.
*I'm looking forward to getting my hair trimmed & my eyebrows done soon. I haven't gone since October.
*I went to the doctor yesterday & got some test results back. I am lacking on fiber & need to take some Probiotics for Women & prebiotics. So at least I know some stuff that I am lacking & hopefully the new pills will help. She also prescribed a pain med for my fibro. Hoping to pick that up tomorrow & try it.
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
I don't read as much as some people. I usually just read for 20-30 minutes before bed. So it takes me a while to finish a book. I also don't read popular books, like "Hunger Games". "50 Shades of Grey" etc.. I'm just really picky. I like cozy mystery & chic lit. There are some books that I'd like to read by the end of 2016. Do you have a to-read list for 2016? If so what is on it? Some of the books on this list I got at book sales & some I need to get.
1. How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk~Adele Faber & Elaine Malish.
2. 30 Days to a Simpler Life~Cris Vatt & Connie Cox
3. Spark Joy~Marie Kondo
4. Gilt Trip~Laura Childs
5. Shopaholic Ties the Knot~Sofie Kinsella
6. Life Changing Magic, A Journal~Marie Kondo
7. Magic of Tidying up~Marie Kondo
8. 31 Days To a Clutter Free Life, One Month to Clear Your Home, Mind & Schedule~Ruth Soukup
9. Unstuffed: Decluttering Your Home, Mind & Soul~Ruth Soukup
10. A Killer Retreat~Tracy Weber
Sunday, January 3, 2016
This picture is totally me. I'm working on getting into yoga more & my physical therapist gave me some exercises to do at home. I went out this weekend & got a new exercise ball because my old 1 was in really bad shape. I'm hoping to do the elliptical on Thursday & Friday this week. Every week is different & I have a bunch of appointments coming up in the next few weeks. Hoping to feel better this year. Working on what works best for me with chronic fatigue & fibro.
Saturday, January 2, 2016
So the cold weather has finally arrived in New England. It's suppose to be 24-28 degrees on Monday & Tuesday. I'm so not ready for that. I have some appointments this week, so I have to go out, but I'll bundle up. Good news though Spring is only 12 weeks away.
Friday, January 1, 2016
I got this polish last week. I thought it was going to be a little more sparkly. Hard to see the sparkles in the picture. It's Pure Ice~RespecK. I got a bunch of polishes for Christmas, so I'll be wearing them the next few weeks.