Sunday, September 14, 2014

How do you meet new friends?



Now that our kids are getting older & in school all day, it seems like my Mom friends are all going our seperate ways. Some are getting jobs & some are home with younger siblings. But we don't see each other much. So it's time to make some new friends, but how do you make new friends when everyone is always on their iphones? T has 2 dance classes. The 1st 1 I know a few people, the 2nd class I don't. So it would be nice to meet some new people, but everyone is on their phones, playing games, reading e mails, texting. I don't have wifi on my ipod, so I bring a book & some magazines & get caught up in that stuff. I think it's harder to make friends the older you get, but the whole iphone thing doesn't help. I'm hoping to meet a few FB friends & a pen pal soon. None of them live that far. I met 2 people from FB last month. I always love meeting people in person, so much fun. Also ran into an old friend yesterday, who lives in the next town, so we are getting together with another friend from elementary school & we all have girls around the same age.

1 comment:

sprinkles said...

I have no life right now other than school, so that's where I make most of my friends these days.