Saturday, April 7, 2012

The day my hubby became obsessed with a bicycle





It all started a week ago. My hubs decided that he didn't like the mirrored star that we had on the mantel. So we set out last Sat & Sunday to about 8 different stores. Once he gets something in his mind, we have to do it right away. I love to shop, but I was pretty grumpy by the end of the day last Saturday. Our last stop was to Pier one & we saw a pretty butterfly painting, so we got that for the mantel, but when we got it home & put it above the mantel it didn't look right. Earlier that day we were in Kohls & saw a metal bicycle. It was really cute & I liked it for our front yard, with some flowers in it. Hubs fell in love with it for our mantel. Out of all the stores that we went to, that was his favorite thing that he saw. So he talked about it all week. I had mentioned going to Hobby Lobby & checking out what they have, but they were closed last Sunday when we were thinking of going. By Tuesday after him talking about his beloved bicycle for a few days, I gave him a coupon for Kohls & he went during his lunch hour to get it. So today he tweaked it. He cut off 1 of the handle bars, so it won't stick out too far & ran to Home depot to get some hangers for it. He asked me if I loved it & I still don't, but he's happy. Maybe it will grow on me. I don't hate it & I know it's modern & arsty, but just not my favorite idea that he's had. The butterfly painting is now hanging in our bedroom. It looks nice in there. So this is the bicycle above the mantel.



What do you all think?

6 comments:

sprinkles said...

Happy Easter!

Well, I kind of like it but it's not something that I would probably do.

I really did like the star you had up. I want to get one for my house but haven't really looked around for any. I did see some at Shopko one day but didn't like the color of them.

Lapdog Creations said...

I think it looks pretty cool... if I were into to bicycles, I'd love it... but it's artsy and neat- and you can change the "flowers" with each season.

Anonymous said...

That is Awesome! Can I borrow your hubs to install one over my mantel?

A Fondness For Circles said...

I like it. I tried to bring a giant wagon wheel - authentic cold rolled steel I think and very heavy, but my husby said NO WAY. I find it's so light up there. I mean there is so much "air" around it. Not crazy about the flowers in it. If it was mine I'd place some french crusty bread (the long skinny kind) in a paper bag together with some Cheese and a bottle of wine or some such. Maybe a picnic basket! Love it though. I was like "is that a "real" bicycle?" and then I read on. So come see my blog and follow me. I'm having a blog candy giveaway and all you have to do is comment and follow. It's gonna be good I promise! So I'm following you now. Nice blog btw.

A Fondness For Circles said...

Come follow my blog. Blog Candy Giveaway to be drawn May 30. Just follow and comment and that's it! I am now following your blog too!

Unknown said...

looks nice!

and I can not imagine my husband ever caring about whats on the mantel, esp enough to shop for a replacement!
but, then again, I don;t care about whats on out mantel either...

*** I am still a little new to the SITS- I found the SITS saturday hop thingy today.. a day late..

http://kabersblog.blogspot.com